This makes perfect sense to me. I'm very interested in the evidence that women in the most socially-progressive countries (i.e. with guaranteed maternity leave and subsidized child care) both work in greater numbers, AND have more children. As if, if they don't have to make a choice between career and children, they don't - they do both. This is what you would expect but not what anyone predicts.
I know that if I hadn't been able to get a job I would have been nervous about having 2 children, because I would have been concerned about my ability to support them. But without maternity leave, I would also not have been able to have 2 children.
I know that if I hadn't been able to get a job I would have been nervous about having 2 children, because I would have been concerned about my ability to support them. But without maternity leave, I would also not have been able to have 2 children.

No comments:
Post a Comment